Georgina Cares Fund Student Scholarship – 2020
Deadline is Friday May 8th, 2020
The goal of our organization is to “help kids be kids”. We are not alone; there are hundreds of people in our community who commit their time to give back and make Georgina a better place to live. Many of them are students…ones who go above and beyond their “40 hours” to help others in our community. As these students finish their last year of school, we want to acknowledge their contribution of volunteering within the Town of Georgina. Our 2020 Student Scholarship will recognize up to three graduating high school students and reward them for helping others.
To qualify, you must:
- be graduating high school in June 2020
- be a resident of the Town of Georgina
- have given back to the community by volunteering with children in some capacity.
Steps to Apply
1. Download a copy of the 2020 Scholarship Application Form
Guidelines and the deadline date are listed on the application form.
2. Fill out the form completely. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
3. Write an essay (500-1000 words) identifying how you have given back to our community during your high school years. Give specific examples and include why you think it is important to volunteer.
4. Ask for a letter of recommendation from someone who knows how much you have contributed to our community. This could be a teacher, principal, coach, elder, or community leader. It CANNOT be from family or friends.
5. Applications can be e-mailed to [email protected] or can be mailed to Georgina Cares. PO BOX 195 Sutton West ON L0E1R0
Up to three scholarships are available in 2020. Each one is valued at $500. Successful recipients will be notified in May and arrangements will be made for a photo opportunity and cheque presentation.
Thank-you for applying.